Objectives of Students Council
- To enhance communication between students, management and staff.
- To represent the views of the students on matters of general concern to them.
- To promote an environment conducive to educational and personal development.
Mode of Election
The college adopts indirect election in electing the office - bearers and the executive members of the students’ union council. Under indirect election method, each class, I, II and III years of undergraduate courses, I and II years post graduate programmes, will elect two representatives each and these entire class representative will form the electoral college to elect the office - bearers and members to Executive directly.
Eligibility of Students to contest
- A student contesting the election has cleared all papers till the date of nomination.
- A student secured at least 75% attendance in the previous semester.
- The contesting candidates should not have criminal charges or affiliation to any political or communal outfit. They should not have any charges of indiscipline.
- All the students of the college shall have the right to vote and contest in the election of the Students Council. The Chairman and the vice chairman candidates shall be from the third year UG classes or second year P.G. classes.
- The elections of the Chairman, Vice-chairman, Secretary, Joint- Secretary of the Executive Committee will be conducted by Principal or by the Advisor appointed by him. Elections shall generally be by secret ballot.
Office Bearers of the Executive committee
The composition of Executive Committee
- The Chairman (Students’ Council)
- The Vice-Chairman (Students’ Council)
- The Secretary (Students’ Council)
- The joint-Secretaries(Two) (Students’ Council)
CODE OF CONDUCT OF THE ELECTED STUDENTS
- The office bearers of the Students’ Council shall co-operate fully with the Principal and staff of the college in promoting intellectual and cultural activities among students.
- The Students’ Council office-bearers shall take upon themselves the responsibility of not involving in any act of indiscipline leading to disruption of normal life in the campus.
- The problems and issues in the college shall be resolved by representations and negotiations and not be resorting to any other method.
- The office-bearers shall under no circumstance deem it as part of their duty to represent to the authorities on matters and causes, which do not fall under the purview of the Council.
- The office-bearers may make their representations to the Principal only on matters pertaining to the general interest of the students and not on individual cases.
- The Council office-bearers shall not interfere directly or indirectly in matters involving discipline and action thereon, which are the responsibilities of the Principal.
- The Office-bearers shall not invite any outsider to the college for meetings and functions except with the approval and consent of the Principal.
- The Council Office-bearers shall not involve themselves in any kind of fund-raising campaigns except with the specific approval of the Principal.
- The above said instructions shall be followed and those who violate these shall be dealt with suitably.
STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS 2019-2020
The following Students are selected in the Student council Election to be held on 16.08.19 in the Conference hall at 10.30 am