Department of Commerce
HISTORY OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Commerce in the shape of B.Com at Bishop Ambrose College was established in the year 1997, creating to the needs of business and trade aspirants hailing from urban of particular rural background. It added another course B.Com CA., which was started in the year 2000 to cater requirement of a computer application in business and industries.
The department has grown into “PG Department” offering M.Com CA in the year 2002. It spreads its fragrance up to 2011 in the minds of the students. From the academic year 2016-2017 on wards, there is a proposal to commence M.Com, to enlighten the students, to face the competitive world and their future to be more prosperous with the complete knowledge on commerce.
Providing quality education in Commerce and related fields to meet the challenges of the Business world.
- To enhance the knowledge of the students in Accounting, Finance, Income tax and Banking.
- To provide opportunities for nurturing the spirit of Entrepreneurship.
- To impart knowledge and skills to meet needs of business and service sectors.
- To encourage creative and innovative ideas to start business in rural areas
- Our primary objective is to enable every student to cope up with the latest technology and turn them to be innovative and creative in the field of commerce .
- To provide training for high quality project.
- To focus on academic education as well as ethical and value based education.